The primary sources of funding for academic research are the Tri-Council Granting Agencies (NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR). You may include the LIVELab as part of your next application, or if your existing grant includes allowances for such research, you can use your existing grant. There are a number of alternative grants available for research studies as well. The University’s Research Office for Administration, Development and Support (ROADS) works with researchers to assist them with finding grant opportunities and applying for them.
McMaster researchers can obtain information about funding sources by:
- Subscribing to the biweekly ROADS Funding Opportunities Bulletin
- Searching the Community of Science (COS) funding opportunities announcement database
- Browsing the alphabetical list of funding opportunities
- Attending the information sessions where ROADS staff, funding agency representatives, and/or researchers who have served as reviewers or selection committee members provide tips and suggestions to help you develop a competitive proposal
- Visiting the websites of the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), or the Canadian Institutes of Health Research(CIHR)